Friday, May 13, 2011

Max the Madagascar Returns!









Hi! I’m back at Glengary Elementary again this year. The students of Team Bond enjoyed taking me and my friends out of our habitat today. They drew drawings of me, and had fun letting all of us crawl on the desks, hands, and even arms. Some of my friends moved pretty fast. Typically, we use our legs, which have suction-type devices to hold on, even when we are upside down. Some of my friends were not holding on too well, as they fell right to the floor. Don’t worry, since we have such hard shells (exoskeletons), they weren’t hurt too bad…just a bit shaken up. Next time the kids get us out, I hope they are more careful.




The kids noticed that we were tickly, as we crawled on their hands. One of the students thought we looked like a large roly poly. We are similar because we have bands, or segments. Another group noticed that their cockroach was darker…perhaps getting ready to molt. We’ll see! (There was a friend that was complaining that his “outfits” were getting tighter. Perhaps the kids will be right!) Until next week! See ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment